The Business service that's anti business aka PayPal

RobAtkinson
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

This is for anyone thinking about using PayPal Business, and particularly if you like the Invoice a customer feature.

I invoiced a customer yesterday at the customers request so they could pay me for services I had previously fulfilled. The customer wanted to get the money to me ASAP and as they are in a different country they didn't want International transfer to delay payment. Naturally PayPal seemed like a good fit.

I was however sceptical and contacted customer service at PayPal to ensure nothing could delay me being able to withdraw the money and get it into my bank ASAP. I was lied to and made to believe there would be no issues, this is not the case and I have to wait 72 hours for some compliance check, even though I have conformed everything asked of me, National Identity card, bank account, company directorship, company registration etc, etc, etc.

If feels to me like this is a continued set of tactics in order to keep my money as long as possible so they earn interest. For the record the customer has contacted PayPal and confirmed these services have been completed and are more than happy with the result. So there is no reason to keep funds for charge back  in case that's what you are thinking. 

I have been charged around £140 for the transfer and currency exchange so I am paying for this poor service making it all the worse.

I doubt i will use this service again and will close my business account ASAP if this nonsense continues for much longer.

Its supposed to be a business account, feels more like an anti business account to me.

So if you think the Invoice feature will get you paid quick, think again!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.