Suddenly can't transfer funds to my visa card

Natasha981
Contributor
Contributor

I am from Serbia, I have been using paypal for several years and I was always withdrawing money to my visa prepaid card. Suddenly, I can't, there are two withdrawal options presented instead (instant or normal) and option to link the card, no available card presented.. I even clicked ''link the card'' but after clicking done it just brings me back to that same page, without card being visible. 

My last transfer was in November. I was not editing anything meanwhile. I've attached the preview after I click transfer

transfer options.png

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Intars

Hi @Natasha981,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I'm to hear about your troubles with withdrawing money. If you are withdrawing to a prepaid card, the amount you can withdraw can vary from card to card and that might prevent you from transferring money. Please contact your card issuer for more information. Please note that some prepaid or virtual cards may not be suitable for use with PayPal. If you want to use such a card, you should make sure that it's reusable. This means that you can add money to the same card multiple times and the card number doesn't change.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

cubrovic
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having same problem here! I'm from Serbia too and also have problem withdrawing money to prepaid visa.

Same card and similar amount like every month in last couple of years. 

And now something has changed and not working!

Login to Me Too

Natasha981
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to solve the problem meanwhile? Money Transfer page helped me a few weeks ago, but it's not working anymore, it's giving me ''something went wrong''  error. 

Login to Me Too

Natasha981
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal for several years, and ever since I started using it I was withdrawing money to my Visa Prepaid card, without any problems, until this happened. My card is still linked, but it's not recognized and presented as an option through the withdrawal process. After I posted this, I managed to withdraw the money via the transfer money page, but it's not working anymore. A lot of people I was talking to is having this problem for the last two months. 

Login to Me Too

Milosenzala
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here Natasha. I am also from Serbia and have been using Paypal from 2014 and withdrawing money on my prepaid Visa card with NO ISSUE up until November 2019. Come December , the problem first occurred - and reading the forum i found the link with the old paypal money transfer and managed to withdraw money that way. January comes , i attempt to withdraw  from the official website  - linked card - takes me back to the same page from your screenshot. I go to that link i successfully withdraw just the previous month to find it gives me a prompt saying  - sorry, something’s not right. Please try again later. 10 days into January still nothing . 

Login to Me Too

Natasha981
Contributor
Contributor

This is their response "All I can suggest you is that allow our systems 48 hours to clear any potential flags that might have tied up to your PayPal account and I would advise you to clear cache and cookies and try with a different browser. Please, do not reattempt any of these actions before it completes 48 hours "

That didn't help.

Login to Me Too

Milosenzala
Contributor
Contributor

I am also from Serbia and have been using Paypal from 2014 and withdrawing money on my prepaid Visa card with NO ISSUE up until November 2019. Come December , the problem first occurred - and reading the forum i found the link with the old paypal money transfer and managed to withdraw money that way. January comes , i attempt to withdraw  from the official website  - linked card - takes me back to the same page from your screenshot. I go to that link i successfully withdraw just the previous month to find it gives me a prompt saying  - sorry, something’s not right. Please try again later. 10 days into January still nothing . 

Login to Me Too

Natasha981
Contributor
Contributor

''clean the cookies'' is the only help I received after one month. This is ridiculous. What about you, did you fix it by now?

Login to Me Too

Milosenzala
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. VISA NO LONGER SUPPORTS PREPAID VISA OR VISA ELECTRON CARDS TO WITHDRAW MONEY TO. A moderator from paypal told me so i linked my debit bank card and it works now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.