Successfully updated order information...money within 7 days of verification.

km12345
Contributor
Contributor

A client sent me money for a service I provided (not a physical good). I got the notification that PayPal was putting a hold on the funds.

I followed the steps to update the order information to "order processed." I then got this message "You have successfully updated order information. You’ll get your money within 7 days of verification." 

It has been 8 days. The money is still on hold. I reached out to PayPal for help. I was told to do what I already did (meaning they didn't actually read my question or look at the transaction...but that's for another rant). I've contacted the client. He can't find any place to confirm receipt of the service.

My question(s): Is there something I am supposed to be doing other than what I've already done? Will this money eventually be released to me without my doing anything else? What if the client never does anything on his end? Is PayPal going to hold it for the rest of my life?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Zacky5
Contributor
Contributor

did you get your money ?

Login to Me Too

Hacim1023
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get yours too?
Login to Me Too

Hacim1023
Contributor
Contributor
How did it go? Were you able to get your money? I have the same situation. ;(
Login to Me Too

bbaird44
Contributor
Contributor

What appears to happen is that, in the case of an international payment from the US to Canada, Paypal holds the money for 21 days if you're a new seller. Once you have had 3 transactions the hold days drop to 7.

Login to Me Too

CrisSAmir

They actually don't have good customer service. What happened after? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@km12345 

Did you buyer 'verify' then ie did they have a link to click to say they had received the goods and did they use it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.