Subject for review

Ashleylynnfrey
New Community Member
I’m new to PayPal and a transfer to my debit card got subject for review. I don’t understand what issues there would be that a transfer would need to be reviewed
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @Ashleylynnfrey,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue and welcome to the PayPal community! I'm sorry that your debit card withdrawal was the subject of a review. That is understandably a little frustrating.

When completing a transaction, PayPal's security system will check to see if there is any high-risk indicators. This can include information on both the buyer's end or any recent senders of received payments. This process is intended to protect PayPal customers and PayPal's business. Some common factors include:

• A new account that hasn't been verified or the debit card has not been confirmed.
  • Withdrawing funds received recently from an unverified sender.
  • Inconsistent account access or activity.

I hope this explaination helps provide some reasons why PayPal may need to review your withdrawal. If you were still charged a fee for a debit card withdrawal that was reviewed, you can request that the fee to be waived by customer service. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.