Struggling to use Paypal or see how paypal benefits business use

AnnikasAttic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the complete headache we do using Paypal? six months we have had this account for now and had nothing but problems i am a small ebay business and struggling to expand because paypal are constantly holding our funds. We can usually manage by sending items i can cover most things for a week or so but if we have 20+ sales in a day on ebay or have to post items oversea i have to front all of the postage and its really affecting our sales and postage efficiency. I have now sent around 10 formal complaints to paypal and called several times and had nothing but a generic email back suggesting: 

Possible reasons could include: Possible unauthorised account access, Unresolved disputes or chargebacks, Violations of our User Agreement or Acceptable Use Policy.

None of these affect my company i have 100% positive feedback with ebay and the only issues now are as i said Paypal holding and causing us delays in postage.

I am really struggling to continue with the online shop and just want this nightmare to get better its become very tiring for us now, we would just want an honest human reply from Paypal as to why this account is so unreliable and why they constantly feel the need to hold on to our funds. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnnikasAttic 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).
Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AnnikasAttic
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your replay however its nothing to do with ebay, we passed the ebay holds months ago and then it just switched to paypal holding all incoming funds. I have bought this up with ebay and they say it should no longer be happening and confirmed it was paypal, i have tried speaking, emailing, contacting customer service at Paypal and no one can tell me why, what a terrible service

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.