Stop unecessary currency conversions

Alpha177
Contributor
Contributor

I get most payments in USD, my primary currency is USD, and I have a USD bank account.  However when I try to withdraw money from Paypal (which is already in USD) and send it to the target account (which is a USD account)  Paypal keeps trying to convert it to CAD.

I don't want this to happen, how do I stop it from happening?  Why could I convert to CAD then back to USD? why is that even happening?  Everything should be a direct transfer.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

where is this target account?

is it another Paypal account or a bank account?

you are in Canada,so your local currency is the Canadian LOONIES,but you have a separate balance in US $.

IF The target account is another Paypal account and accepts US dollars,and state that it wants t keep it as US $,you should have no problem sending US $ 

Paypal will add to  its US $ balance without charging a 3% conversion.

Login to Me Too

luisnavm
New Community Member

Advisor comment not helpful. He (and me too) has a bank account in the same currency as the amount on Paypal. Why can we not transfer the balance without a conversion if the Paypal currency and the bank account are already in the same currency.

This makes no sense but it seem Paypal is doing this on purpose as options to turn the conversion off have disappeared from the settings menu that enabled this in the past.

Please correct me if I am wrong and provide a solution. 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

@luisnavm

The PayPal Community welcomes you! 

I'm sorry that the previous advisor's guidance did not lead you to a resolution. The only other reason why the currency would be converted is if the other account's default currency is different than that being sent. Please be sure the default currency is set correctly on both ends. Keep in mind if you are sending from country to country, the transaction may be subject to cross border fees, which can be located in the fee section on PayPal. If you are confident that the currency it set properly, please call Customer Service so they can take a look at the issue. 

I hope this information helps! Thank you.

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.