Still showing negative balance even when I have added money to cover the payment

Dedapanko
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently went into a negative balance on PayPal, but I added money to PayPal, just enough to cover everything, it says on my bank account that I don't have the money anymore and yet ut still says I have a negative balance on the summary page of Paypal. Is this an error or did I just lose money that didn't cover my negative balance?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dedapanko

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

However if you are adding the funds yourself then you take the wait which can be several business days, the fact that its left your bank account does not mean paypal have received it yet as it goes via ACH as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer methods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aprilraen26
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, same problem with me negative balance but one friend already sent me funds using her paypal balance but its still shows negative. What to do? Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Ser0127
Contributor
Contributor
I am having same issue I show a negative balance on paypal, I was told by a paypal assistant that this would be resolved on Jan 7th 2021 by end of day. They have taken the money out of my bank account. I checked and this still has not been resolved. I'm still showing a negative balance. I messaged again and now I can not even get a response back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ser0127 

Allow 5-7 working days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.