Status of the compliance transaction: Pending

maospa
Contributor
Contributor

I have received a payment from a client yesterday evening but on the transaction detail the payment is pending. What does it mean? What do I have to wait and mostly, why did it happen? I'm a PayPal client since 6 years and it never happened.

Best

Maurizio

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maospa 

The payment on hold could be larger or unusual than anything in your recent activity or it is considered high risk by PayPal.

To get your money sooner, click "add tracking info" on the transaction to update order status. When PayPal can confirm delivery of shipment, they will release your funds 24/48 hrs from confirmation or, if no shipping is required, ask your sender to confirm receipt, after you update order status. Otherwise you may have to wait the 21 days before PayPal will release it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

maospa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your fast answer. Unfortunately no one of your answer is correct: the transaction is in  the average of the usual transitions and the product that I sell does not require shipping: the payment I receive is for hotel services. The same thing that happens since 2012. So why?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.