Spending the rest of a card using the rest on another, prepaid cards limited amounts

themaster423
New Community Member
I have this prepaid card that only has like 5$ and change on it, and I want an item for $13.99 I'm curious to know if I have more then one card on file and that one set to my default, would the rest come out of one of my other prepaid cards if on file?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@themaster423 

No, it would not. You can only do split payments if paying with PayPal balance and then it lets you select back up funding source. With prepaid cards, the entire amount has be to covered by the card or it will be declined.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@themaster423 

No, it would not. You can only do split payments if paying with PayPal balance and then it lets you select back up funding source. With prepaid cards, the entire amount has be to covered by the card or it will be declined.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

themaster423
New Community Member
Thank you, I'm trying not to spend too much on my other card, I need to get something else with it... Waiting for it to come available again though
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.