Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts

datu112
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I just need help about my account.

I have deleted my previous paypal account..and unfortunately forgot to unlink the BANK ACCOUNT I have so that I'll be able to use same bank account in my next registry. I've deleted this because I downgraded from business to personal, plus im still a newbie.

Anyway, how do I link my bank account to paypal and settle that error message up there? Pls help. 😞

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi datu112 and carpro and welcome to both of you. 

If you are receiving this error it would mean that your bank has been registered too many times within the PayPal system. This can be if it has been registered on too many different accounts or if it has been removed and re-added too many times. When you receive an error like this it would mean that you can no longer use it on PayPal. I'm afraid there is no way around this and you would need to add a different bank account. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

carpro
New Community Member

Please help me, I also have this situation, even though I deleted the pp account that I added to my bank card before.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi datu112 and carpro and welcome to both of you. 

If you are receiving this error it would mean that your bank has been registered too many times within the PayPal system. This can be if it has been registered on too many different accounts or if it has been removed and re-added too many times. When you receive an error like this it would mean that you can no longer use it on PayPal. I'm afraid there is no way around this and you would need to add a different bank account. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

akshshrx
New Community Member

Is this still for real?? 

That we the use have to find a totally different bank??

Seriously?

Login to Me Too

SoMuchAnnoyance
Contributor
Contributor

So you mean to tell me there is no solution? I'm just **bleep** for something I didn't know could/would happen? This has to be a joke.

Login to Me Too

cmlf4711
Contributor
Contributor

Fairly ridiculous, wouldn't you say.

What is the maximum number? Does Paypal know?  

No way to 'unlink' ? That sounds like a problem.

How can we find out how many are linked?  is this something that may involve customers' rights? At the bank, if not at Pay Pal. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cmlf4711 

A lot of info on this thread is from last year or country specific.

You need to say what country you are in to get accurate advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

m_w123
Contributor
Contributor
what kind of dumb BS is this? it’s MY paypal and MY bank account. i shouldn’t have to use another bank account to connect to something I OWN
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@m_w123 

PAYPALS site and PAYPALS rules.

So you can link a bank to their site as long as its accepted and you have not linked it 3 times to any other paypal account before.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hahaha123

when you add bank account, paypal will submit the direct debet to your bank, some bank dont allow lots of debet references,

but in the most cases, it happens when your paypal name is different from the bank account name, some bank accept it but some bank will not accept it, try to make sure the names are same if you are using account like baclays.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.