Something went wrong - when linking to any bank

JoeV1
New Community Member

Hello, Last week and now this week I have attempted to link my bank account to PayPal. When I go to my bank to add my account I get the message "Something Went Wrong". I have tried clicking on all of the bank and I get the same message each time I click on the link. Could someone tell me why I am getting this error and what I can do to resolve it? Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Ry64source
New Community Member
I have the same issue and haven’t been able to do anything to resolve it. I’ve also tried calling to get help, but customer service is closed. What am I supposed to do?
Login to Me Too

JoeV1
New Community Member

Thanks. I hope PayPal will address this soon. It has been like this for 2 weeks now. 

Login to Me Too

Tess_08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @JoeV1, Welcome to community forum. Im sorry to hear that you have trouble linking a bank. Please try to clear browsing history first or use different browser and try again. But if its still not working, Please visit the link for more information on why you can't link bank account. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-can't-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-faq... Thank you.
Login to Me Too

48dodge
New Community Member

I had a similar issue with sending money about a month ago.  Removed and added my bank info back and was able to pay.  After doing this a couple times it started working normally again.  On Monday I was unable to pay anyone from business or personal.  Removed my personal bank info and it won't let me add it back now.  "Something went wrong getting your bank accounts".  Uninstalled app, cache, etc and nothing worked.  Even tried installing on a new device.  Venmo tech support on monday said to send money via paypal.  That was their "fix". 

Login to Me Too

48dodge
New Community Member

Just tried to add the bank manually and it said this bank is already added to your account.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.