Someone send me money but its on hold

Riyodj
Contributor
Contributor

i bought drone in aliexpress, but the seller cannot send the item because its of out of stock.

so the seller ask me if they can refund my money to paypal.

so i tell them no problem, they sent the money and its on hold at the moment. can they take it back if i confirm that i received the item in aliexpress (so that they can keep a good record as a seller)?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riyodj 

Well firstly you said that they 'refunded' the funds and then you said they 'sent' the funds??

If they used the 'refund' option and its on hold then it hasn't cleared from the sellers end yet.

If they used the 'send money' option and it was sent as a payment and not a personal payment then paypal could see you as a new seller and the hold would last 21 days.

Without confirmation of any 'dates' on your payment or where its held etc hard to say.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riyodj 

A refund can fail until its cleared and no longer on hold.

Personally i would never say i received something if i did not, why would issueing a refund for an item out of stock cause any problem for a sellers record?

If you mark it as received and the refund fails then you would be out item and refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Riyodj
Contributor
Contributor
So to make sure that the money is on my balance, it should be no longer on hold? And the person who send me the money can take it back if it still on my on hold balance? But the problem is, my account is new and i havent use paypal prior to this. So maybe paypal still need to confirm my account eligibility?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riyodj 

Well firstly you said that they 'refunded' the funds and then you said they 'sent' the funds??

If they used the 'refund' option and its on hold then it hasn't cleared from the sellers end yet.

If they used the 'send money' option and it was sent as a payment and not a personal payment then paypal could see you as a new seller and the hold would last 21 days.

Without confirmation of any 'dates' on your payment or where its held etc hard to say.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Riyodj
Contributor
Contributor
They sent me the money to refund my payment in aliexpress. Technically they are not refund my payment since i'm not making payment via paypal. I'm sorry, english is not my native language, maybe there were some grammar mistake. Thank you for your answer, the money has entered my balance after 21 days. Which is exactly yesterday.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.