Someone help

otis1997
Contributor
Contributor
I received an email this morning to say that there’s been unusual activity on my account and there’s a payment pending to Gucci for £620 which I definitely did not spend! What shall i do??
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@otis1997 

Are you sure its not a spoof? Is there a link they are asking you to click on to resolve any issues? If so DO NOT use it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

otis1997
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah thanks for the reply, it’s definitely real as I went straight to my PayPal app and it was on there
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@otis1997 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

otis1997
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t use PayPal on computer I use it on my iPhone and there isn’t a report a problem button for me to click, I sent them a message to let them know about it but had no reply. I’ve also emailed the company the money went to and because it was still pending they have cancelled it. I’ve also changed my password yeah thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.