Spade159
Contributor
Contributor

I need to put money in my Paypal account, before I could just add it but now I can't even see my balance anywhere on the app or desktop interface. I realize that I have to have a Paypal Cash account to hold money but I cant come up with a prompt to sign me up , or a link off google or anything. There is no balance that I can see on the home screen with "transfer money" on it or anything. What do I do I need to do to open a Cash account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spade159 

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?

The gist of it is that the next time you're receiving payment, and accepting the money, you'll have the opportunity to convert your PayPal balance to a PayPal Cash or Cash Plus balance account.

In the meantime, you can pay with your bank account during checkout instead adding funds.

There's two types of bank payments though:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-an-echeck-faq1082

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-right-away-via-paypal-using-my-bank-...

A note about: Insufficient bank payments:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-happens-when-an-authorized-payment-is-returned-for-...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spade159 

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?

The gist of it is that the next time you're receiving payment, and accepting the money, you'll have the opportunity to convert your PayPal balance to a PayPal Cash or Cash Plus balance account.

In the meantime, you can pay with your bank account during checkout instead adding funds.

There's two types of bank payments though:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-an-echeck-faq1082

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-right-away-via-paypal-using-my-bank-...

A note about: Insufficient bank payments:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-happens-when-an-authorized-payment-is-returned-for-...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Spade159
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your response, so there's no possible way to do it huh? My bank won't let me make purchases very easily when they are outside the US, so normally I would add money to PayPal then checkout with PayPal. I may just get a friend to send me some money so I can open an account. Thanks again though.
Login to Me Too

Temp20221222ib
New Community Member

So is it possible to receive a money transfer to pay pall account from a third party? I don't want to pay for stuff with pay pal. I just want to receive money (from Etoro).

I don't see an option to create this PayPal Cash account anywhere. 

Login to Me Too

Junkbuyer70
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have a place that my money goes to that says accept payment,my money goes from pending funds ,to my bank, I had it before I got managed payment on ebay
Login to Me Too

critesman1990
New Community Member

Well myself and i'm sure the community do appreciate your insight on this matter, a wonderful service you are providing here so thanks again. I respect your response and prestige in this community. I do wish for you to extend me the courtesy to voice some opinions on this matter. Myself and several members of my family have used PayPal for years, so once again please let me express my feelings about PayPal freely. If you dislike profanity please stop reading here.

Not long ago PayPal had more simple functions, which I don't mind additional functions to the platform personally but I could think of some older family members that do mind. Transactions across PayPal used to be instant without fees, well that changed... awfully nice of the PayPal platform to start getting greedy and abuse it's customer base. Now we have Venmo... alright I can see some scenarios where we could apply that platform.... I can't send funds from PayPal to Venmo vice versa? Only with a US bank account? Well why in the **bleep** would I need to send funds to Venmo if I have a US bank account that can receive funds instantly from PayPal? Maybe it's because I don't have that or it won't accept instant transfers.... but i'll give PayPal that one. Venmo could still be useful so yeah. Let's talk about cryptocurrency purchase launch. Why would PayPal offer crypto purchases that can't go anywhere or be applied to anything? That's because PayPal is getting really greedy at this point. That wasn't a function added for the consumer, that was added for PayPal to benefit. Now finally we are here. I'm reading this individuals solution to PayPal cash accounts and it's honestly the dumbest **bleep** i've seen in a good minute. The explanation of PayPal cash accounts is confusing, useless, and extremely misleading. It's beyond ridiculous that this individual has to explain how to get or upgrade or whatever the hell is going on... to get a PayPal cash account. I guess you don't apply, request or sign up for this type of account. PayPal you got way to greedy. Consumers these days will find better platforms that don't have to put up with all this stupid **bleep**. You lured consumers in, the platform ran great. Over time it became "okay" then "tolerable" and now we are here. Read that solution to PayPal cash accounts and try to tell me it isn't stupid. People actually trash talk PayPal in general now and I'm honestly over PayPal. Sadly I might have to use the platform some more but as soon as something better is out there... off I go along with all my family. Bunch of <removed> and sell outs man

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.