Should I get - (minus) on my bank account?

Nikolasi
Contributor
Contributor

If a sender refund money what I already transfer to my bank and spent. Should I get - (minus) on my bank account?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nikolasi 

Your paypal account would be put into minus and limited until you pay paypal back again.

If you don't pay them back then they pass the debt on to a debt recovery agency to recover for them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nikolasi
Contributor
Contributor

"they pass the debt on to a debt recovery agency to recover for them."

What that means? 

Should I get - (minus) on my bank account If I never money back?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Nikolasi.

What Kernowlass means is, if there is a negative balance on your PayPal account for an extended period of time, the negative balance amount may be passed to an outside collection agency. They would then work directly with you to help to resolve a negative balance on PayPal.

If you have a negative balance on your bank account, you would need to check with your bank directly for more information. We can only help answer questions through our Community regarding PayPal.

I hope this helps.
David.

Login to Me Too

Nikolasi
Contributor
Contributor

How an outside collection agency will help me?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Nikolasi,

I'm sorry that there is any confusion. A collection agency would only be part of the situation if there is a negative balance on your PayPal account. If the negative balance is on your bank account, you would have to communicate directly with your bank for further information.

I hope this is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Nikolasi
Contributor
Contributor

Yes when is negative balance on my PayPal account. How in that case a collection agency can help me? What they will do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Nikolasi,

Again, sorry for the confusion. @kernowlass mentioned the collection agency not as a suggestion for assistance, but to let you know that if the balance remains negative for a significant period of time, the debt will be sent to a collection agency and all repayments will have to go through them. This can be inconvenient, so I believe that was meant as a caution against letting the balance remain negative.

If your balance on your PayPal account is negative and has not yet been sent to a collection agency, please contact PayPal customer service for repayment options.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Nikolasi
Contributor
Contributor

If i havent got any minus- on my paypal acc, when I withdraw money (from sender) to my (bank debit-vard, then close my paypal acc, what if sender ask for refund? Can collection agency do something? Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.