Shipping help

Insanestevelane
Contributor
Contributor

So with PayPal holding the funds my customers provide me for shipping I have got in a "bind". Having to wait for other items I mailed out previously to get delivered and associated funds to get released in order for me to afford to ship the new large quantity of goods that has gathered In the wait for funds to be released. Also with it being summer on the other side of the sea I have been getting a lot of overseas customers...which is all find and dandy until I have to wait 10 days for an out of pocket shipping expense of $75 to get released on an $80 sell. I sell vintage car parts and like to provide this service to people regardless as to their nationality...as long as they pay shipping of course and they do....but I don't get it for a week or two. I'm basically giving them a loan on shipping for a week or two. Unfortunately my willingness to help fellow car enthusiast complete their ride has gotten me basically "shipping from pay check to pay check" constantly waiting for funds to be released in order to ship stuff that is 3 to 4 days late already. I know eBay offers fed ex and with discounts but I tried that and my eBay bill at the end of the month was outrageous and in turn by doing that I'm paying that "shipping loan" my customer wanted for shipping by taking out a " shipping loan" with eBay or fed ex...when in all reality my customer already paid cash to have is item brought to him. Now I know that there is nothing to be done against the tyrant that is PayPal (I mean that as a compliment) but what steps or actions do y'all suggest I take in order to handle the growing demand of my services but the utter lack of shipping funds? Remember I will not do fed ex unless it's a big item it doesn't make any sense financially to do this for a small time guy like me. I cant afford to waste a couple dollar every time I ship

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Insanestevelane
Contributor
Contributor
I understand why it happens and I don't disagree with that. I'm a new seller and from what I understand the only way a online financial system works when know one know who they're talking to or who to trust is to trust no one. I get that, until I build up a good rep you should hold the funds until the they buyer gets his stuff. He's the one with everything to lose he put the money up front. What my issue is why you guys don't allow for the shipping money to be accessed for shipping. You guys have a shipping label system in place already. It just makes it hard when going through the transition of small time seller to the big time seller. All of a sudden you have a hundred or more dollars in stuff needing shipped when it was like 20 dollars. I don't know, I just think you guys have to help the seller through every up and down just as you do the buyer. Because without the seller there is no buyer and vice versa. Sellers are doin a lot of "leg" work to provide a service for people and turn a profit for themselves, the people of eBay and the people of PayPal. It's a full circle here and we're all in this together....so why when I call the financial side of the circle asking for some help with a shipping label so we can get this customer his merchandise and the rest of the circle their money I get a "tough luck maybe the money you spent on shipping last week will get released back to you" so you can do it again....and again....and again until six months goes by of that and (hopefully In that time I wasnt late on shipping anything) maybe ill meet the criteria to be trusted enough to get the money a few days in advanced. Is it because as a seller we are the ones with the probial "hand out" asking for money? Well in the is circle we all have our hands out wanting something be it merchandise or fee's. We should all encourage the next link in the chain and help it as much as possible in order for us all to reach our goal........
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Insanestevelane 

Well i agree with some of that apart from the ''you guys'' comment.

This is a user to user advice forum and i am a user on this forum the same as you are.

You get 'ranks' according to how much you help BUT i have NOTHING to do with Paypal and would not personally want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.