Sent money to wrong email address

Wk789
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have sent my money to the wrong email address, I have sent multiple emails to the email I’ve sent the money to. I have searched up the company and they haven’t been active since 2017. I need my money back! I accidentally started a dispute but it was for the wrong reason and now the case is closed and I have no idea what to do. I want my money back!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wk789 

It would help if you said HOW you sent the funds, ie which paypal option AND how you funded that paypal payment ie which funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wk789
Contributor
Contributor
I searched up the email and the sent the money but I forgot a few words in the email address. The money comes off my debit card.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wk789 

Sent the money HOW?

Goods/services or family/friends?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Wk789
Contributor
Contributor
I believe it was goods/services, all I did was press send and then enter the email address.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wk789 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.