Sent money to a friend and he got charged there was no option to send to friends and family

Alan391
Contributor
Contributor

Sent money to a friend and he got charged there was no option to send to friends and family I have now given him that money how do I get it back off PayPal ? 

I could have just as easily done a bank balance transfer and not been charged. I'm quite shocked Ive done this before successfully.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Alan391
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I read when sending the money... 

To send money from a desktop:

1. Go to Send & Request.
  2. Enter the email address or mobile number for the person concerned and click Next.
  3. Select Sending to a friend or Paying for an item or a service.
    • If you're sending money to a friend or family member, select Sending to a friend. 
    • If you're buying something, select Paying for an item or a service.

I wasnt given the option to send to a friend but now I have been looking all over PayPal for help or to contact them I have seen the option to send a gift and mentions send a card well I dont want to send a card but I think I should have clicked send a gift. I never saw that option I'm not familiar with PayPal and I never saw the option to send a gift. Why are things on the internet so complicated for us older people. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Alan391
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I read when sending the money... 

To send money from a desktop:

1. Go to Send & Request.
  2. Enter the email address or mobile number for the person concerned and click Next.
  3. Select Sending to a friend or Paying for an item or a service.
    • If you're sending money to a friend or family member, select Sending to a friend. 
    • If you're buying something, select Paying for an item or a service.

I wasnt given the option to send to a friend but now I have been looking all over PayPal for help or to contact them I have seen the option to send a gift and mentions send a card well I dont want to send a card but I think I should have clicked send a gift. I never saw that option I'm not familiar with PayPal and I never saw the option to send a gift. Why are things on the internet so complicated for us older people. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.