Sending money

Laraea89
New Community Member

If I send money to someone through the friends and family option will paypal hold my money until I receive my item from them? I have no idea how PayPal work I just don’t want to get ripped off.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laraea89 

DO NOT send money for goods and services as a friends and family payment, it will not be held on the recipient's side by PayPal's Funds Availabilty 21 day Hold. You will have negated your purchase protection. No refunds and the "seller" is under no obligation to ship your item to you because you can't dispute the payment via purchase protection or perhaps even with a credit card chargeback with a friends and family payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laraea89 

DO NOT send money for goods and services as a friends and family payment, it will not be held on the recipient's side by PayPal's Funds Availabilty 21 day Hold. You will have negated your purchase protection. No refunds and the "seller" is under no obligation to ship your item to you because you can't dispute the payment via purchase protection or perhaps even with a credit card chargeback with a friends and family payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.