Sending money

Ella15
Contributor
Contributor

I have two different PayPal accounts, exactly the same email but one ending in .com and the other ending in .co.uk. I am trying to send money over form the one ending in .com to the one ending in .co.uk but whenever I try and do this something pops up saying 'you cannot send money to yourself please try a different email address. Why is this? As they are two different accounts

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Ella15 wrote:
I have two different PayPal accounts, exactly the same email but one ending in .com and the other ending in .co.uk. I am trying to send money over form the one ending in .com to the one ending in .co.uk but whenever I try and do this something pops up saying 'you cannot send money to yourself please try a different email address. Why is this? As they are two different accounts

Hi @Ella15,

In order to remain compliant with all PayPal policies, please remain within the permitted threshold. You are allowed one personal account and one business account, at any one time. 

In the past, some customers have used different accounts to evade security measures. In order to prevent this, there are a number of processes involved in the detection of multiple accounts, which are in breach of the User Agreement.

If you have one personal and one business account, but are still unable to send funds between both, I would recommend a quick chat with PayPal Customer Service, as it could be caused by a conflict of similarity between the two email addresses.

You can click here to retrieve their contact number or the email service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.