Sending money

Sway96
Contributor
Contributor

I’m trying to send a friend some money. My currency is USD. Theirs is Pounds. But my payment keeps getting denied. Is there an issue on my end ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sway96 

Why not send in £££ instead of $$$ so there paypal account can accept it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Sway96

Thanks for reaching out to our community. I wanted to add some information to what @kernowlass said. 

PayPal accounts are automatically set up to receive payments in different currencies. However, our system will ask the user to confirm the acceptance of the payment. If you're receiving a denial when you're attempting the payment, there could be two issues that you're running into. Your credit card company could be denying it or it could be our security system that is blocking the transaction. I'd recommend that you reach out to your card company to make sure they don't see any declines. If they don't, you can always reach out to our phone support team for assistance. Use the 'Contact' section at the bottom of the PayPal website to find our number. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.