Sending money to a Chinese PayPal from a Chinese PayPal

pixel_
Contributor
Contributor

I'm asking this for a friend who is trying to send money to his friend. Both are located in China and have verified Chinese PayPal accounts. My friend only has USD, and his friend wants to receive USD. However, he's encountering some error when trying to send, saying his payment couldn't be processed at that time. I had heard that Yuan isn't an option obviously, but also that Chinese accounts can't send USD to one another.  They attempted to send as CAD, but encountered the same issue.

So, is it just simply not allowed for two Chinese accounts to send money to one another? 

(My friends account is a business account I believe)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pixel_

Two Chinese accounts can send personal payments to each other in general but specifically not sure what the issue can be as the error message is vague. Maybe have both accounts have to make USD as primary currency and try to send payment again. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

pixel_
Contributor
Contributor

Both of their primary currencies are set to USD.

The error is: 

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service

My friend tried with another person with a Chinese paypal and still gets the same error.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.