Sending money to a Bitcoin Wallet

SMLee
New Community Member

How would I go about sending money from my PayPal account to a Bitcoin wallet to someone else.  Can this be done? I don't want to purchase any Bitcoins I just want to send money.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SMLee 

Not possible from within PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

EcoInformatic
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible then to transfer the Bitcoin someplace where it can be sent to a Bitcoin wallet?

Also what's the point of being able to buy and sell Bitcoin if you can't send it to anyone on PayPal?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EcoInformatic 

"Is it possible then to transfer the Bitcoin someplace where it can be sent to a Bitcoin wallet?"

Not yet, that remains to be seen.

"Also what's the point of being able to buy and sell Bitcoin if you can't send it to anyone on PayPal?"

Using crypto to buy and P2P services is coming though but currency conversion fees will apply. If you're paying in Crypto, it will be converted to fiat and sent to the recipient. And vice versa. That's the plan.

Right now, its just simple, laymen selling to, buying from PayPal cryptocurrency and holding them in your PayPal Wallet. Baby steps.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

McGrundle
New Community Member
It’s a system implemented to give the user a platform to make short or long term investments for capital growth. I.e.- Instead of the cash you have just sitting in your PayPal account, you can choose to put any amount of your balance (or also anti up from another linked debit) into the available crypto choices for a chance for some market capital. Simply an option for growth, be warned, but it’s also very volatile. A double edged sword if you’re not careful.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.