Sending money to Canada

nMoAlmosTx
New Community Member
My sister moved to Canada with her boyfriend and I’m trying to send her some money will it work ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nMoAlmosTx 

Yep, you can send paypal payments international to many countries.

However make sure she has opened a Canadian paypal account now she has moved as paypal is country specific and she may have issues if she is trying to use an old account from another country.

Then you can go to send money > put in her email address > select friends/family option > put in the amount and select the currency from the drop down list ie CAD. Then before you click to pay it will tell you how much will be deducted from your funding source in USD before you pay.

Lastly if you fund it via a BANK ACCOUNT and not a card then it would be free apart from currency conversion charges.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nMoAlmosTx 

Yep, you can send paypal payments international to many countries.

However make sure she has opened a Canadian paypal account now she has moved as paypal is country specific and she may have issues if she is trying to use an old account from another country.

Then you can go to send money > put in her email address > select friends/family option > put in the amount and select the currency from the drop down list ie CAD. Then before you click to pay it will tell you how much will be deducted from your funding source in USD before you pay.

Lastly if you fund it via a BANK ACCOUNT and not a card then it would be free apart from currency conversion charges.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.