Sending money from PayPal to Venmo

gorans
Contributor
Contributor

is it possible to send money from my PayPal account to someone's Venmo account?

They don't have the PayPal account, they only gave me their phone number that is linked to their Venmo account.

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Nove1991
Contributor
Contributor
Im going through the sane thing maybe if there is a app where all the money or cash is linked online. An app that links the cash apps together. isn't it an idea but im not sure thats invented yet until.....
Login to Me Too

gnarlypowdayz
New Community Member

Upvoting this. It is a major hassel to go through the trouble of setting up Venmo for a payment when one already has paypal. Obviously redundant but more importantly it reduces the security of an indivual's finances because of the additional access point. I'm tempted to remove my business from paypal because this is hints at a disregard for customer security.

Login to Me Too

SDM05E
New Community Member
I completely agree with gnarlypowdayz. I prefer to minimize the amount of platforms I share my information with because of risk mitigation concerns. Come on, PayPal, fall in!
Login to Me Too

missberns

Now that we're a year later from the initial post, do we have a real solution to this? I would like to pay a friend who's using Venmo using my PayPal account. Is this now finally possible???

Login to Me Too

theswordsmith
New Community Member

This is ridiculous.  I need to send money from Paypal to a Venmo user and so I must join Venmo and install the app and link to my bank account to send money, because Paypal doesn't support direct payments but can receive them?     After signing up with Venmo, I go to download the App which requires the new iphone with iOS release 10 or higher.  Seriously?  Not everyone in the world has an iphone X with iOS 10 or 11.  You need to get your heads out of the millennial hookah cloud and offer service, not excuses nor silence on this matter.  Bottom line, I can't pay this person due to very limited scope thinking by a company that is supposed to specialize in online payments.  

Login to Me Too

LotionLegend
New Community Member

It's about money guys. They get interest while the money is in their hands. Why would they make it simple and easy when they could make you wait 3-5 days to get the money from paypal/venmo, then 3-5 days to send money to someone from paypal/venmo? The longer they have the money the more interest they get.

Login to Me Too

Kaaskop
Contributor
Contributor

This thread is incorrectly marked as solved.

Now Venmo made life more difficult for me by blocking access to my account via the web.  Using PayPal to access Venmo would have solved this issue.

Login to Me Too

sunburned
New Community Member

Agreed.  Still can't believe this isn't a thing.  Paypal needs to get on the ball and allow us to send money between the two systems.  

I'm NOT signing up for Venmo when I've had a paypal account for 15 years.  I honestly think it's ridiculous to show 'friends' what I'm buying or paying for, why on earth would they need to know that?   Until then, I'm doing my part to avoid paying through Venmo.  

Login to Me Too

richharding1
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  I am a longtime user of PayPal, and would like to be able to send money to my daughter who uses Venmo.  I don't want to use the Venmo app.

Login to Me Too

Connorsm0m

Same!  I am not installing Venmo when I have been a PayPal user for over 10 years!  Venmo is owned by Paypal, why can't you add PayPal as a payment option in Venmo and vice versa.  It would make a lot of people happy and love using your product!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.