Sending money from PayPal to Venmo

gorans
Contributor
Contributor

is it possible to send money from my PayPal account to someone's Venmo account?

They don't have the PayPal account, they only gave me their phone number that is linked to their Venmo account.

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

JarenTweek

This is really not an acceptable solution. It requires the use of venmo, the linking of accounts, and higher risk in a cyber market that seems to be constantly under attack. A solution is using Paypal, not venmo, to pay venmo. So the question is now that we are in 2018, is there an actual solution for this problem?

Login to Me Too

Jcowie15
I have a PayPal cash card. This is linked to a Wells Fargo account. Linking venmo to this account doesn't do anything. Furthermore, I have lost my paypal card, and cannot activate my venmo card because "one is already in use". So, in this case, linking the account does not work, and you cannot have a PayPal and venmo card either at the same time or linked to the same account(not sure which yet).
Login to Me Too

Mannyperez

So basically what you are saying is open a venmo account, correct? 

Login to Me Too

PeachyP
Contributor
Contributor
So you have to wait until your the money you transferred to your bank from PayPal clears your bank and THEN you can use your Venmo. Ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Starrsfall121
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure anyone has already posted this, but I have a Venmo Mastercard. I Was able to add it to PayPal and transfer the funds directly to my Venmo account no problem.

Login to Me Too

dcrf
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Starrsfalls,

That may help some people, but the original question is from someone who has PayPal, does not have Venmo (account or card), and the person they want to send money to has only Venmo (does not have a PayPal account or card).

The issue is that a person with PayPal (not Venmo) wants to send money to a person who has Venmo (not PayPal).

The comment about using the venmo card etc, was not addressing the question at hand.  

There are sill lots of people who have PayPal, and don't want Venmo.  There are also lots of people who have Venmo and do not want PayPal.  The two are actually the same company, so it shouldn't be a problem, but it is, and this is frustrating to many people.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @dcrf,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

You may find more information here.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Starrsfall121
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response, my comment wasn't intended to be an end all answer, it is something I experienced and I was having issue with and thought I'd share my solution. The whole feed is about PayPal to Venmo so I'm sure this will help some people regardless of the originating issue but also could help someone figure out another solution with said accounts. I am a small business owner and I use both but I also think ways exist to work around this issue and mentioning how I did might help someone find a workaround that works for them. 

Login to Me Too

Send to phone number; right?
Login to Me Too

JDawgfromCT
This is ridiculous. Paypal owns both companies. Members of both communities should be able to send money to each other, without having to expose their financial information again, by signing up with the other app. People shouldn't need 2 apps owned by the same company. Makes no sense that Paypal can't send money to another app that they own. Come on PayPal...step up and fox this issue!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.