Sending money from PayPal to Venmo

gorans
Contributor
Contributor

is it possible to send money from my PayPal account to someone's Venmo account?

They don't have the PayPal account, they only gave me their phone number that is linked to their Venmo account.

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

dcrf
Contributor
Contributor

That solution does not work if you don't have Venmo.

For a person who has PayPal and not Venmo, there is no solution to sending to a person who has Venmo and not PayPal, or vice versa.

Login to Me Too

LyndseyD
Contributor
Contributor
Venmo was created to send Venmo to venmo. Nothing else. Venmo can't send money to someone's PayPal or to someone's bank or cash app etc. I don't think there is ever going to be a change to this since it wasn't created to do those things. In either case if a venmo user doesn't have PayPal I find that kinda strange that someone never sent money before having a venmo. But just like cash app, its only for cash app to cash app. Everyones concern seems to be having another app that handles their money. Well you only have to load or send whatever amounts you want and just like with PayPal is there's an unauthorized charge etc they fix it easily and quickly. I know ill sound harsh when I say people should just get both venmo and PayPal and stop trying to get PayPal to change for them. I mean PayPal only sends to PayPal except to transfer your own funds to one of your own cards or bank account.
Login to Me Too

xb_Levi_dx
Contributor
Contributor
So its just another corporate cash grab, because Paypal came first, and does everything Venmo can do & more. Its fine. If someone doesn't have paypal, then they don't get any dough from me. 🤷‍♂️
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

beckeria
Contributor
Contributor
So I have to create a Venmo account and have both PayPal and Venmo? This seems really cumbersome
Login to Me Too

SamClemens
New Community Member
If you have the PayPal MasterCard debit card, which spends from your PayPal balance, then save yourself days of waiting for funds transfers and just ***fund your Venmo transaction with the PayPal MasterCard debit card***.
Login to Me Too

SWLinPHX
Contributor
Contributor

@SamClemenswrote:
If you have the PayPal MasterCard debit card, which spends from your PayPal balance, then save yourself days of waiting for funds transfers and just ***fund your Venmo transaction with the PayPal MasterCard debit card***.

I do have a PayPal debit card but they charge you to use it (both to "load it" by downloading money from your PayPal account to use it for payments and to use it to withdraw from your PayPal balance using an ATM.

Login to Me Too

Corey213
New Community Member

PAYPAL, FIX THIS! I don't want to sign up for venmo because i have paypal. You already have my information. 

Login to Me Too

MG_Productions
Contributor
Contributor

I agree! Please fix this! Doesn't seem like much to ask from a consumer's stand point. Two products under the same umbrella should be able to talk to each other. I want to send funds from my Paypal to a friend's Venmo. Now I have to go through the hassel of installing the Venmo app, setting it up, just to send one payment then uninstall Venmo. What a headache.

Login to Me Too

Dayapal12345
New Community Member
I guess I'll be switching to venmo.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.