Sending money fee free

Designpurchaser
Contributor
Contributor

I am told that I can send money fee free to family but I can't do it...why? Please help.

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

Witcher
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Conor

Hi Witcher,

That explains it then.

I'm afraid the personal payment feature is not available in Israel at this time 😞

However, it's best to keep an eye on your local website for updates about this, as we're always trying to expand our product offering in each market we support and this may well change in the future.

I hope that helps and have a great weekend 🙂

Conor

Login to Me Too

HummingbirdxD2
Contributor
Contributor

Is Egypt enabled to send personal payments or gift for my family or friends? as i need  to send to my friend gift payment from my paypal balance

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi HummingbirdxD2,

It is possible to send money as a gift but you wouldn't be able to do that using your balance. In Egypt all money received must be withdrawn to your Visa card. 

I hope I have answered your question. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

HummingbirdxD2
Contributor
Contributor
I load the money from my prepaid card but i called paypal support told me that middle east is not enabled for sending gift or personal payments only europe and american accounts are do i hope they enable it as soon as possible
Login to Me Too

pnclim
Contributor
Contributor
I am located in Singapore and I am trying to send some personalpersonal/gifts money in Euro denomination to my friend who lives in the Euro zone. Am I able to send the money as personal/gifts so that neither my friend not I will be charged a fee? What exactly I need to do to ensure I do not get charged PayPal fee for sending the personal/gift money? The money I am going to send will be funded from my USD credit card account which I have always used. I can understand if my credit card company charge me a 1% fee for handling foreign transaction. But will PayPal charge additional fee? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi pnclim,

Thanks for posting on our UK Community Forum 🙂

If the card you're using is listed in USD, the funds you're sending in EUR will be calculate based on the current PayPal exchange rate. This figure will be visible before you complete the payment though.

Any additional cross border fees for this personal payment can be easily identified using this article: http://ow.ly/TIqX2

I hope you find this useful and please let me know if you've any further questions about this process,

Conor

Login to Me Too

pnclim
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Conor for the info.

I followed the link you provided (http://ow.ly/TIqX2). It says for payment from Singapore to Poland the fee is 4.9% + Fixed Fee. This is horendously high fee for sending personal money.

Seems like I should be better off sending money using Commercial Payment route. Your web page shows "Fees for cross border commercial payment" = 1.8% for rest of the world!

However, there is no personal or commercial choice for PayPal for account in Singapore. And I noticed that I got charged about Euro 80 when I pay about Euro 1540. This works out to be > 5% ... Horrendously high. Any explanation why this is so when "Fees for cross border commercial payment" = 1.8% for rest of the world?

Thanks.

Regards,

Peter <removed>

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi pnclim,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear this, please let me explain the fees for you.

You are right, the fee to receive a commercial payment from Singapore to Poland is 4.9% + Fixed Fee. The 1.8% cross border fee is just only the international part of the total fee which means the total fee = the fee for receiving domestic commercial payments + the cross border fee + if applies - the currency conversion fee.

Hope this explains the process. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.