Seller protection

Native111
Contributor
Contributor
I am selling an item and have received an email from what looks like PayPal saying that it is holding funds until I send them a tracking number. Is this a scam? Or does it really work this way?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Takinyi
Contributor
Contributor
It works that way they have to confirm the item has been delivered from their end then the funds will be made available otherwise if they don't then it will be released after 21days to your account
Login to Me Too

Takinyi
Contributor
Contributor
The seller is the one to confirm
Login to Me Too

Native111
Contributor
Contributor

You must be a scammer, one of the people that do this to others- because your comment is completely incorrect. whoever is viewing this DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE- THIS IS A SCAM. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Takinyi 

Please don't give that advice, you may be encouraging the original poster to be scammed.

Paypal do not send you emails telling you to send trackable only scammers.

What you are referring to is the new seller hold but that does not apply here as no funds would show in the O.P's balance.

@Native111 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Native111
Contributor
Contributor
It was a scam! Good thing I called PayPal to confirm the payment- they said there was no payment pending in my account and if there was I would have seen it as a pending payment! I didn’t see anything in my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Native111 

Yep said it was a scam in my above post, glad you sorted it and were not caught out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.