Seemingly conscienceless cause of frustration

fsilvestris
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Paypal-issued check that is old--almost two years old. Reason: my family's house burned down two weeks before the check arrived. Minds were not on the mail unless it came from the bank or insurance company. I NEED to cash it, as I have run desperately short of funds. 

Paypal's agent No. 1 told me to take it to the bank from which the funds were originally supposed to come. Wrong: the issuer is Paypal, and the check is too old to be accepted at the bank. 

Paypal's agent No. 2 claimed she would send me instructions on the procedure for obtaining my money. Four days and nothing. Now one can't get through to them because of Corvid-19. 

What, in the community's experience, actually WORKS in collecting money from Paypal under these circumstances? I have never had difficulties with Paypal in the seventeen or so years I've had an account, but I am considering a divorce from the entire process. There are competitors out there now.

Thank you for any useful advice you can pass on.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @fsilvestris,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

What you could try here is asking for a stop to be put on this check.

To do this please email PayPal by clicking Contact Us at the bottom of any PayPal page. Here are some important things to remember:

• In your email, make sure to write that you want a "stop payment" placed
  • Include the address to which you requested this check be sent
  • Make sure that this address exactly matches the address registered to your PayPal account
  • Allow 5 to 7 business days for the stop payment process to be completed

As soon as the bank sends notice that the stop payment has been placed, we'll move the money back into your PayPal account. After the money is in your account, you can ask for another check or request that the money be sent to your bank (if you have a bank account registered to your PayPal account). You can also keep the money in your PayPal account.

Thank you for your patience.

Rachael

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @fsilvestris,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

What you could try here is asking for a stop to be put on this check.

To do this please email PayPal by clicking Contact Us at the bottom of any PayPal page. Here are some important things to remember:

• In your email, make sure to write that you want a "stop payment" placed
  • Include the address to which you requested this check be sent
  • Make sure that this address exactly matches the address registered to your PayPal account
  • Allow 5 to 7 business days for the stop payment process to be completed

As soon as the bank sends notice that the stop payment has been placed, we'll move the money back into your PayPal account. After the money is in your account, you can ask for another check or request that the money be sent to your bank (if you have a bank account registered to your PayPal account). You can also keep the money in your PayPal account.

Thank you for your patience.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.