Scammed. Completed transaction, but it’s still pending

StinkyDoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there community, I was scammed today as I’ve made a complete transaction from the Friends and Family method. What I was purchasing was not an item at all, so I was basically “gifting” the person. As I was going to close my account, a mention popped up saying that the completed transaction was still pending. The details go as follows: - This transaction was taken two days ago, but the recipient would not recieve the money till four days later from today. - I’ve paid through my bank account. - The recipient’s gmail is no longer existing. Does that mean the money is just floating about at the moment? I would also like to know if it’s possible if I can get the money back. I’m worried that the money I’ve sent is just sitting silently somewhere.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StinkyDoo

if its showing as complete then the email address it was sent to must be valid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StinkyDoo
Contributor
Contributor
You’re right, but it’s still being marked as pending. Plus as I’ve mentioned, this person deleted the email that was connected to his/her PayPal before she/he could get the payment four days prior from today. Should I go and speak with my bank about it if there’s no other solution?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StinkyDoo

You haven't actually clarified if its pending or completed.

If pending and there is NO cancel option then it will 'time out' 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.