Scam using send to friend method and paypal do not resolve.

sherlockp
New Community Member

I buy something from a guy for $130, he told me using send to friend/family method to avoid holding. I did it, he didn’t send me the item. He said because papal hold his money for 24h. The way of scam is a guy sell a papal money with different currency and USD, then he looks for someone in US want to buy something from him. You need to send a US money to acount of another guy want to buy paypal USD. The scam guy is in method and he get the money with diffrent currency. Thats why i am here try to contact to paypal to see if i can do anything to stop this transaction. I open the case but they closed it because they said we found that the reported transactions were not unauthorized. Can i ask Paypal report this account? I try to contact Paypal within 24 since i made a payment but no one responses. Please help me to find a way to stop this scam!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Of course it is a scam. Never buy stuff from people by just sending money. You are not protected and your cases always will be closed because you made those transactions willingly so you cannot class them as unauthorised. There is nothing you can do with PayPal. The only option is to contact your bank if you backed your payment with card or bank account and advise your bank that you did not receive the item and you were scammed. Your bank might step in. But if you sent money using your PayPal balance I am afraid you cannot do anything just learn from your mistakes. Even if you report the person (email address) to PayPal there is a slim and close to none chance of getting your money back via PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.