Routing number outside US

Xay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i created a paypal account and liked it with my card, but in order to add money to my paypal it has to be linked with my actual bank account. i tried doing that but it requests a routing number. Unfortunately, i live in Morocco and banks here don't have this routing number since it's just for American banks. I asked my bank for the routing number but nothing new. Is there any way i can link my paypal with my bank account without a routing number or does anyone know what's the routing number for banks in Morocco ? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xay

You can't link a local bank account in your country.

The only folks that can add an account are U.S expats who can add a U.S account if they are living and working in that country, this is because Paypal is a U.S company.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cyberwvrrior
Contributor
Contributor
So what should we do so that we can link our bank account to PayPal in order to withdraw money .. PayPal should really make a solution for this how can I withdraw my money without a bank account linked maybe they can let me withdraw directly to my bank card
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cyberwvrrior 

Depends what country you are in, my advice above was given to the original poster as he had added his country to his community profile so when i hovered over his username it showed up.

I can't advise what you can withdraw to in your country as you have not said what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ilhsmm
Contributor
Contributor

Salam @Xay , i am from Morocco too, i searched all day long for the "routing number" but didn't find it. Any new ideas ? (my bank is société générale)

thanks for your help ! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ilhsmm 

Did you bother to read my reply?

The one that says you can't add a bank account in your country ?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ilhsmm
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Hi, thanks for answering. I certainly wouldn't be bothered reading your answer, however, being relatively new in the community, i didn't notice it at first glance.

Moreover, it appears to me that some Moroccan folks actually found a way to transfer money from the bank account to Paypal. 

I'll keep searching. 

Login to Me Too

amazzal
New Community Member

@ilhsmm 

Along time ago Paypal used to let anyone link a bank account (provided by Payoneer) with Paypal, so you can transfer your money to Payoneer and then withdraw them to your local bank ( BCP, CIH...) , I know a friend who still have Payonner linked to his Paypal. but for now unfortunately Paypal don't accept that anymore, at least for non-US countries.  😑

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amazzal 

Paypal does not support 'virtual banks' of which payoneer is one.

You can sometimes add an account but it doesn't work properly and they advise you against trying.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Licky_Tee
It's a shame
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.