Routing Number

vidah_k
Contributor
Contributor

Hi community

I just finished linking my fnb card to my papal account, so now I want to transfer my funds to my bank account & it's asking for a routing number which I don't have. I logged in to my fnb account, clicked on papal services & it had no option to withdraw from my papal. Please advice on what to do next to get the routing number to finish the process. Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vidah_k 

From paypals help pages...............

How can I transfer funds from my PayPal account to my bank account in South Africa?

Transferring funds from your PayPal account directly to your eligible First National Bank of South Africa (ETF) bank account is easy and secure.

To transfer funds, you must first link your PayPal account to your bank account.

To link your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Link PayPal Profile.
Follow the instructions to link your accounts. You will need to sign in to your PayPal account to confirm that you are the account holder.

After linking your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps to transfer funds to your ETF bank account from your PayPal account:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Withdraw from PayPal.
Enter the transfer amount in USD dollars. (Please check that your PayPal balance is sufficient to make the transfer.)
Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the Transaction Terms and Conditions.
You will be directed to PayPal to sign in and verify the amount you are transferring to your ETF account.
Then you will be redirected to the FNB site. Your funds will be transferred to your bank account within 3 to 6 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vidah_k
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for the response, but I started on the paypal help page first & did everything they suggested there & none of it worked for me, I even mentioned it on my first post... that's why I decided to post here for a different solution. I emailed my bank & I'm waiting for a response, hopefully they can help. Thanks for trying anyway.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vidah_k 

You are trying to link a FNB bank account as that is the only one you can link?

Also you are trying to link a bank account and not a card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vidah_k
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Apologies for any confusion, my paypal account was already verified & my bank card added, all I needed to do was link my paypal account to my bank card so I can withdraw & topup via online banking. When the bank finally responded to my email, they said the withdraw & topup tab option wasn't there due to technical malfunction caused by loadshedding, most of their systems were offline...so I had to repeat the last step again to get all the functions & finally my paypal profile was successfully linked to my bank card & everything seems to be in order. Frustration got the better of me earlier. I appreciate you taking out the time to respond & help...thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.