Routing Code for Nedbank in South Africa

Avengers2014
New Community Member

What is the routing code for Nedbank in South Africa. I am loading the bank account details under my pay pal business profile

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ANDREASTEYN
Contributor
Contributor

NEDSZAJJ

@Avengers2014 

Nedbank SWIFT Address

Our SWIFT address is NEDSZAJJ 

SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications) is a simple and convenient way to send and receive money overseas for both business and personal transactions.

RECEIVING FUNDS:

Step 1

As soon as Nedbank receives your funds, you will be notified.

Step 2

You will be asked to provide the purpose of these funds before funds are released into your Nedbank account (as prescribed by the South African Reserve Bank).

Login to Me Too

ClaraW
New Community Member

Does the swift number for nedbank work as the routing number? Its not accepting it when I try and add it...

Trying to withdraw funds to a Nedbank account and not having luck any advice? According to the Nedbank call centre they do not support paypal. 

Login to Me Too

ANDREASTEYN
Contributor
Contributor

Okay - I've done it a few times now and can explain.

You have to have an FNB banking profile. Paypal is linked only to FNB in South Africa.

and then from FNB you will link your Nedbank account information, and have it as an approved recipient.

In FNB you want to go down to your PayPal bank balance, you should have one for eBucks and your bank account. You go into Paypal, and request to withdraw the funds.

There is a side bar thing that hovers from the left of the website, you have to click to open the menu

"Withdraw funds" 

Then it takes 2 days and you'll get an email confirming payment. and you have chosen where the money should go, You have the option to select your other bank account, or the approved recipient with Nedbank.

The whole process takes about 5 days in total, sometimes one day for weekend extra.

You will loose about 100 rand or so in total bank charges depending which is much cheaper than using Payoneer to get funds here fast.

I started a new FNB account in about 24 hours and i already had an existing banking profile. You can't use a credit card bank account.

Now, can you show me a few things I don't know about my SARS? hehe

Login to Me Too

ANDREASTEYN
Contributor
Contributor

1. Create an FNB bank profile and access the internet banking of FNB.

2. Request to have your Paypal account verified, so that you can access it like any other account on the FNB banking website.

3. Wait until approved.There are a few verification emails and stuff to go through. 

4. Load a recipient onto the FNB banking profile, with your Nedbank account details. 

5. Withdraw funds from your Paypal account and pay yourself. 

You have to have an FNB bank account and banking profile.

Total time frame once all set up is 5 days. 

Login to Me Too

Billy442
Code for nedbank in South africa
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.