Rogue Account Gone Wild

Marcusindallas
New Community Member

All of my Paypal purchases are being sent to a bank account I am trying to close.  My preferred accounts for making payments are being ignored. I have been unable to remove this bank from PayPal because there is always a "pending transaction." This has been the case for several weeks. Meanwhile, Paypal is using this bank account for all of my online purchase activities, even though it is no longer a preferred account and I am no longer funding the account.  This is causing me problems.  Any ideas about how I can remove this rogue bank?  Anyone have a phone number to a live Paypal employee I can call about this issue?  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marcusindallas 

Have you marked the new one as primary?

Have you confirmed the new one?

During checkout you can always click on 'change' and select a different account.

Also as for your 'pending' transactions, check below and make sure that none of your subs are linked to the old bank account.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.