Reversal and Negative Balance

Keayla11
New Community Member

Hi I had a payment reversal on a monthly subscription, attempted 25th Nov, reversal 27th Nov ... this resulted in a negative balance which has now be paid. My issue is, i had the exact same funds taken out of my bank account on 29th Nov I have now paid double for this payment, through bank account and Negative Balance paid off. Where / What do I do from here? Will those funds jut show in PayPal balance or will it be reimburse back to account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keayla11 wrote:
Hi I had a payment reversal on a monthly subscription, attempted 25th Nov, reversal 27th Nov ... this resulted in a negative balance which has now be paid. My issue is, i had the exact same funds taken out of my bank account on 29th Nov I have now paid double for this payment, through bank account and Negative Balance paid off. Where / What do I do from here? Will those funds jut show in PayPal balance or will it be reimburse back to account?

Once both payments complete, click "Report a problem" on the payment coming out from the bank on the 29th and there should be a option to click duplicate payment as reason. Next time if this happen, just make sure your bank balance is not in the negative and have enough to cover the dishonor fee and the payment because PayPal tend to represent request for payment up to 3 times total so no need to load funds into the balance separately. PayPal don't charge fee for dishonor fee, only your bank may charge that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keayla11 wrote:

Once both payments complete, click "Report a problem" on the payment coming out from the bank on the 29th and there should be a option to click duplicate payment as reason. Next time if this happen, just make sure your bank balance is not in the negative and have enough to cover the dishonor fee and the payment because PayPal tend to represent request for payment up to 3 times total so no need to load funds into the balance separately. PayPal don't charge fee for dishonor fee, only your bank may charge that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.