Resolved a negative balance, but the transaction history was missing.

bellobanana

Hello. 

I was making an online order last week using PayPal. At that moment my PayPal account had a negative balance. I paid for the order and resolved the negative balance at the same time. The transaction was successful, and I received an email from PayPal that night:

Reminder: Action required in your PayPal account

Your PayPal account has had a negative balance of 0,00 EUR

I just ignored the message because I resolved the negative balance successfully. 2 days later I received an email from PayPal again, which said:

Your PayPal account requires your attention

We have already contacted you by email regarding the negative balance on your PayPal account. Our records show that your PayPal account currently still has a negative balance of XX,XX EUR for XX days.

I checked the transactions in my N26 App, and I can only find the transaction of the amout of that online order. There was no record that I attempted to resolve the negative balance. N26 customer supported said they can only see the transaction of that online order. I have sufficient funds in my N26 account all the time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bellobanana 

Takes about a week for the echeque to clear through to clear your neg balance, the PAYMENT is credited upfront to the seller whilst paypal awaits the echeque thats why its called instant transfer for purchases. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.