Requesting info

FoundWanderer
New Community Member

Hello community ... its a pleasure to be here , i was wondering , im about to receive a +20k amount of cash can i use paypal to receive it ... if yes what are the steps to take . Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read these:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-maximum-amount-i-can-send-with-my-paypal-acc...

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-maximum-amount-i-can-send-with-my-paypal-acc...

For receiving that much, be sure your account is verified with credit card, bank account and enter your tax id number. All account info and financials must match and no fake info either. Likely PayPal will put the funds on ice for 21 days to cover any possible disputes or problems.

The info in those links the sender must know too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

FoundWanderer
New Community Member
Thank you for the infos... thats sending .... im afraid im asking about receiving from a bank to be precise
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FoundWanderer wrote:
Thank you for the infos... thats sending .... im afraid im asking about receiving from a bank to be precise

If you are receiving these funds from a bank, it won’t go into your PayPal unless the bank itself has a PayPal account. Otherwise, the bank will wire transfer directly to your bank account.

If the sender with a PayPal account can send these amounts then you can receive it but since you say a bank is sending you this much, it has nothing to do with PayPal unless the bank is using PayPal to send you this money. 

Is a bank using paypal to send you this money or simply wire transferring directly to your bank account. And is your PayPal account opened in the US?

Login to Me Too

FoundWanderer
New Community Member
Again , thank you for your time and reply ... im one step closer to form my question ... i hope this time is accurate , lets say the bank has a paypal account and its ready to use it to transfer my funds to my paypal ... whats the maximum amount that can be sent ?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FoundWanderer wrote:
Again , thank you for your time and reply ... im one step closer to form my question ... i hope this time is accurate , lets say the bank has a paypal account and its ready to use it to transfer my funds to my paypal ... whats the maximum amount that can be sent ?

The same amounts posted in those links. Read those links. Those are two different links.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.