Requested Payment Still Pending

itspaul84
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold something on ebay (above $250). The buyer messaged to say that they completed the purchase, but it still says Pending - Request Sent on my account. It does not say On Hold or anything different from what it did before the buyer said they completed the payment. 

Is this how this normally works, or has the buyer not actually done anything? Note: It has been roughly 7 hours since the buyer messaged me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi itspaul84, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If the transaction status is pending it usually means 

• Your funds are being held temporarily while we confirm that the buyer has received their services or merchandise. Please add tracking information to this payment if you shipped out a physical item. The funds will be released 24 hours after confirmed delivery to the correct address listed in the transaction details. If there is no tracking information, the buyer can confirm receipt of the services/merchandise or the funds will be on hold for 21 days.

Alternatively, depending on the buyer's funding source we may be waiting for the funds to clear on their account before completing the payment to you. 

-  Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.