Renter's payment

Meganm31
Contributor
Contributor

I'm now the primary leaseholder at s rental property with roommates who will pay me through PayPal, which I will then pay with one check for the monthly rental. PayPal withholds the money so long that I will end up paying a penalty to property management. I'm guessing that PayPal will not be the best way to handle this kind of payment arrangement. Any advice out there on this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Meganm31 

For new sellers there is a 21 day hold but funds are released earlier if the seller can provide trackable proof of delivery.

But with friends / family it should be instant 'occasionally' you may get a 24 hour review.

As yours is not a sale of any sort your best bet would be to use the f.f. option in my opinion.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Meganm31 

Are they sending the funds to you via goods / services OR family / friends?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Meganm31
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thank you. I will have to check w them. I'm guessing there is a longer hold time for payments via goods and services, then, and that a much shorter turnaround would be the case e the other option?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Meganm31 

For new sellers there is a 21 day hold but funds are released earlier if the seller can provide trackable proof of delivery.

But with friends / family it should be instant 'occasionally' you may get a 24 hour review.

As yours is not a sale of any sort your best bet would be to use the f.f. option in my opinion.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.