Removing a hold for services rendered

DRCrane65
Contributor
Contributor
I am new to PayPal and I completed my contract with the post office for tree work. They paid me thru PayPal . PayPal has spoke to the postal supervisor who vouched for my work completed and to his expectations, yet PayPal still has my funds on hold. I can't pay my crew and expenses until they release my money. CS says the money is released but my account says different. What can I do?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DRCrane65
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. I read that section. It is for sellers, not services provided. I appreciate the effort. Take care. God bless
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DRCrane65 

The new seller hold is for sellers of goods AND services.

The only time its not held is if its a friends/family payment.

If you read the below link you will see this...

If the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book), update the order status on your PayPal account and you'll get your money within 7 days after verification. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DRCrane65
Contributor
Contributor

paypal verified with the sender, the supervisor of the post office who sent me the money that he was satisfied with the job and it is complete and to release the moiney.That was last week. Money still on hold

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DRCrane65 

The only way to verify a sender is by the sender using the confirm receipt option on the transaction on their end.

That option is not always available so mark the transaction as processed on your end and see if they have that option.

If they do then funds may be released earlier, if not then you wait 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.