Removing a bank account

Lisab1976
Contributor
Contributor

I have an old bank account attached to my Paypal account and Paypal won't allow me to remove the account. It keeps saying try again later. I also tried to add a bank account that is open and again, Paypal tells me that I can't add another bank account. So now I am stuck in a Paypal loop of hell, where I can't remove the closed bank account or add an open bank account. I've tried Paypal support, who are worse than useless I'm afraid. Any ideas?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Lisab1976,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble removing a bank account and adding a new one. If you do not have another bank account on your PayPal account, you will usually be unable to remove an existing account until a new one is added. Has the new account you're trying to add been previously added to your current PayPal account or another one? Bank accounts can only be added and removed a certain number of times before the system will no longer allow them to be added. Also, if our system detects any risk with adding a bank account, it will not allow that account to be linked.

If you are having trouble contacting or receiving help from our Customer Support through our website, you can try reaching out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.