Removed an expired Discover card, now my cashback money is gone?

amanda2468
New Community Member

Hi all. 

I created this paypal account a while back, and frankly, forgot about it. I logged in about a month ago because I needed to use it for school related purchases, and I saw that I had $65 in cashback bonus. Also, the Discover card that I had originally linked was expired. Not thinking, I removed that card and added a more current Discover card. However, now, I cannot find that $65. Does it just disappear once that card that it was linked to is removed? Is there any way for me to get it back? When I click my current Discover card, it says $0 cashback available. But where did that $65 go?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amanda2468 

Is this $65 cashback bonus showing in your current Discover account? This information should pass over to PayPal account through Discover so maybe the issue is that.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

From Discover site:

Discover's Terms and Conditions

Last modified: 4/16/2019

In order to redeem your Cashback Bonus or Miles ("Rewards") for purchases made through the PayPal "Pay with Rewards" program ("Pay with Rewards"), you must complete the registration process and agree to the following terms and conditions. Registration is currently limited to the Discover it®, Discover it® Chrome, Discover it® Miles and More credit cards ("Card").

All Pay with Rewards redemptions are subject to the terms of your Discover card agreement. Pay with Rewards is only available for eligible purchases with certain merchants, and PayPal or Discover may limit, suspend, or terminate your ability to redeem Rewards at any time, in accordance with the PayPal User Agreement and Discover card agreement.

Your Rewards balance will be linked to your PayPal account using the Card you selected. You authorize and request Discover Products Inc. ("Discover") to provide PayPal the information about your Rewards balance associated with your Card.

Discover will debit the Rewards amount that you have elected to redeem for your purchase from your Rewards balance when the transaction is processed. There is no fee to redeem your Rewards with PayPal. If you do not have enough Rewards, you must pay for the remainder of your purchase with the Card from which the Rewards were applied.

If your available Rewards balance changes or becomes unavailable before your payment is processed, or if you modify your final checkout purchase amount, your PayPal transaction may fail to process, a lesser amount of Rewards may be used, or no Rewards may be used.

For fully canceled or refunded transactions, the Rewards portion of your original transaction will be refunded to your Rewards balance and the card funded portion will be refunded to your card. If you split your payment between your Rewards and your Card, PayPal / merchant will choose the order and the split of funds that will be credited (Card/Rewards) when processing a cancellation or refund.

Items that may not be purchased using Pay with Rewards include peer to peer transfers, recurring billing and non-US Dollar transactions. PayPal's terms and conditions apply. If you have questions regarding your Rewards or your Discover card account, please contact Discover at 1-800-Discover.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.