Remove a bank account

lilyfelicis
New Community Member

I am tring to remove a bank account from my paypal account. When I try to do it on a desktop, it just sends me to a blank page, and when I refresh, the account has not been removed. When I try to do it on the app, it first has a pop up that says any pending transactions will still be processed and asks if I'm sure. I click "remove," and then I get a pop up that says the account cannot be removed due to pending transaction(s). I already looked in here for help, as the paypal customer service is taking hours to respond. One of the solutions was to go in the account and look at any subscriptions and remove them. I have removed ALL subscriptions from my paypal, they are ALL inactive, but I am still getting the pop up that says the account can't be removed due to pending transaction(s). 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

AskWhy
New Community Member

Still no answer to this besides the generic "do exactly what the site says to do" response? What the hell is going on with PayPal, what happened to their customer support? This is pathetic and bordering on illegal, why is there no fix?

Login to Me Too

randerto
Contributor
Contributor
I got so frustrated with PayPal support, I cancelled my account - easier these days to use Zelle, Venmo or equivalent - no reason to put up with this poor of customer support. PayPal doesn't have the unique value proposition it once did - just cancel and use a competing service.
Login to Me Too

ndfkglhhsdufbdf
New Community Member

I agree unfortunatly payal doesn't allow to delete my account either.

Login to Me Too

randerto
Contributor
Contributor

Worst customer service from this company ever.  I was getting fraudulent charges via Paypal and they couldn't even tell me how to block them or address it in any way.  Caused me to entirely quit using Paypal - can easily get by with Venmo, Zelle and other similar tools.

Login to Me Too

SKN604
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat [as OP as well], had $3000 dollars charged and was able to [after much effort, and using my bank] get $1600 back, but I'm out $1500 and when I call and use the automated system it says ok we'll submit this claim [but they deny saying they called but no one answered; however, I was never called], and when I get redirected to talk to a person, I get put on hold and it says, "Due to covid-19 we have no available customer service to help you, good bye." like  **bleep** PayPal

Login to Me Too

JTQ45
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got the defunct account removed, here's how.

Go on live chat to Paypal on your PC. Sit in a queue until an agent arrives. Be alert for when this is, it should give you an estimated time.

Tell them the site doesn't let you remove the account and ask them to do it. They will try, and fail.

Ask them to escalate it as your details are incorrect. Mine said they would raise the issue with their "managers" to resolve within 24 hours.

Sure enough, logging in next day, the old bank account was gone. 

Login to Me Too

randerto
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I tried the same approach but the system would not give me an estimated response time so I had to literally sit there and wait for a response.  In most cases it was taking them multiple hours to respond.  Crazy as heck support process...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.