Remove a bank account

lilyfelicis
New Community Member

I am tring to remove a bank account from my paypal account. When I try to do it on a desktop, it just sends me to a blank page, and when I refresh, the account has not been removed. When I try to do it on the app, it first has a pop up that says any pending transactions will still be processed and asks if I'm sure. I click "remove," and then I get a pop up that says the account cannot be removed due to pending transaction(s). I already looked in here for help, as the paypal customer service is taking hours to respond. One of the solutions was to go in the account and look at any subscriptions and remove them. I have removed ALL subscriptions from my paypal, they are ALL inactive, but I am still getting the pop up that says the account can't be removed due to pending transaction(s). 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

makiig
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Goodday @lilyfelicis I am hoping all is well. We do appreciate your time contacting us and we would like to ask for apology for any inconvenience that might cause you. I hope that the details below would be helpful for your query. How do I remove a bank account from my PayPal account? From your computer, here's how: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the bank you want to remove. Click Remove bank. From your PayPal app, here's how: Tap the Settings icon at the top right of the screen. Tap Banks and Cards. Tap the bank you want to remove. Click Remove Bank. * Any pending transactions with this bank will be processed, even after you remove it from your PayPal account. * If you're removing your only bank account linked to PayPal, you must choose a new primary bank.
Login to Me Too

JTQ45
Contributor
Contributor

The answer you've posted is to tell the user to do the steps that they're telling you aren't working. 

Login to Me Too

canadaforvic
New Community Member

I have the same problem. And it's a big problem because when a payment is made and it draws from paypal funds and a bank account as backup (even though ANOTHER bank account is supposed to be primary), it's coming from the wrong account. I try and remove the account, and BLANK PAGE.

FIX IT.

Login to Me Too

HOOBS1
Contributor
Contributor

Same Here

Login to Me Too

Izzylee2791
New Community Member
@makiig you are just telling us what the system should do but we all have the same error with the blank web page loading and no one from PayPal is available to contact to resolve this. There is clearly a system error. How do we resolve this???
Login to Me Too

randerto
Contributor
Contributor

Classic **bleep**-poor scripted-only customer support.  Worst customer support experience I've had is with PayPal.  I quit using them altogether after they would not work with me on a fraudulent charge claim.  I'm convinced after multiple days of attempting to resolve with their customer support team, this is a company who's management is completely out-of-touch with how to treat customers - in addition to their customer support technology/systems not working well...

Login to Me Too

jmedl
New Community Member

they literally told you that this didn't work and thats what you tell them to do again?  lmao

Login to Me Too

Hichamoo77
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I am now in crisis due to the Corona virus and I am suffering from poverty. I need financial help. Can I find someone to help me?
Login to Me Too

randerto
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I just spent multiple days trying to get through to Customer Services because I cannot remove my Bank Account no matter what I try.  I have grown so frustrated with Paypal's no Customer Support I just want to cancel my whole Paypal account - and I can't do that from the site either.  Nor can Customer Service through their laggy chat window (after spending hours waiting).   So I'm stuck - can't remove my Bank and can't cancel my Paypal account.  I believe this might actually be illegal activity on the part of Paypal so will investigate reporting to Dept of Commerce or BBB...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.