cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release my funds!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Release my funds! $18K ON HOLD!!!!!!!!

I think I may close my account too like many people are
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Release my funds!

I received a payment today with a funds release date of dec 31 1964....

Highlighted
Vh2 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Release my funds! $18K ON HOLD !!!!!!!!

I HAVE $18K ON HOLD FROM MANY DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS !!!!!!!This new PayPal policy is BS I have been a seller on eBay for years years and have sold thousands and thousands of dollars never had a problem with PayPal I sell expensive high-end fine art and just sold a piece for $23,000 I go to use my funds as usual and to my shock there on hold for 90 days WTF !!!!! I had to file for bankruptcy two years ago they now check your credit report even if you have a stellar eBay record and Paypal record they don't care they put all your funds on hold for 90 days and what so stupid is I have a working capital Paypal account which lent me $10K with because I had a great payback history again WTF !!!!!! i have switched to Square with no problems !!!! Thanks Paypal you just lost thousands of dollars in commissions from me !!!!!!
Highlighted
Contributor

Hello I have a reserve of about8K myself. When you switched to square did it decrease your sales by a large margin? Also did Paypal release the reserve after you closed the account? Im relying on this money for a investment I have and didnt expect this to happen and it was the same reason bad credit from very old mistake. 

Anyway any help you can give would be awesome thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor

PayPal is Garbage, fraud fraud fraudulent activity and deception at its finest... at your expense!!! They hold your money period!!!
Highlighted
Contributor

PayPal hold your money period
Highlighted
New Community Member

I've had this prob before of having to wait 21days for my money after selling on eBay. So now it's happened again,I looked into it and discovered that adding postage detail on eBay is not enough nor is the feedback left by seller going to help. I went into my PayPal account and added the postage detail there and marked as sent and I immediately got a release date of 3 days from now for the money which as I understand will be later in the day as that's the time of day the item was purchased. So all being well this will have sped the whole process up. Using the app won't let you do this so go through safari or whatever ur using. It's annoying yes but it's only for abnormal amounts and is understandable although when you need the money it's not great. Hope this helps for anyone pulling their hair out about what's going on.
Highlighted
Contributor

FACT:  sold to the same buyer on more than 5 occassions. Similar price £120-£140 I used to get the money immidiately, every thing I sent is Royal Mail tracked. Paypal Agents have given me various excuses, one agent said its eBay holding the money andother said it would be released earlier and when I checked it was still on hold.

Paypal seems to have switched customer service agents in Ireland to somewhere in US or South America. Bascially if they hold on to my mone,y not for security reasons but because the more the hold on desposit in the bank the more interest they earn, simple. Its not rocket science, so take it or leave it. I guess if I was on the directors salary I would do the same, its part human greed and part secuirty, mostly human greed, the directors have kids in private schools, cleaners, cars on finance etc etc.

Of course Paypal will hold large sums of money for longer, they must see a heck of a lot of fraud. I understand that, but they should set a limit for example upto £100 once the goods have beeen recieved and 3 days have elapsed and no dispute they should release the money. They can see every thread of communication between you and the use. For example if I enter a tracking number on Paypal it appears in my eBay page after a time, as you know Paypal is owned by ebay.

They clearly use algorithms to determine the outcome, so why not set the algorithms up accordingly. If its £101-£500 then 7 days old min and £501 + 21 days, I suspect they won't tell you what the business rules are, as that would help the criminals out there and believe you me, there are thousands of scammers so Paypal have a hard task protecting their  money. Its just a shame they are not more transparent, but as a consumer you make your own choice.

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@kabman

Not sure why you are posting in the middle of a thread but to answer your points.

Ebay and paypal are 2 separate companies EACH with different dispute and resolution policies.

So if its an Ebay dispute then Ebay will authorise paypal when they can release the funds.

So suggest you take it up with Ebay.

Secondly the hold has nothing to do with your buyer, you are put on the hold as a new seller OR >>>

Not sold for a while and returned to selling /  Dipped star ratings on ebay. /  Recent buyer disputes. /  Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d. /  Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Lastly UK paypal customer services are based in Dublin, Ireland and not South America.

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.
Highlighted

So you call a plumber, he takes your credit card payment, doesn't fix anything, waits a month just to ensure there are no problems with your payment, then finally decides to come out and fix your leak, ya that would **bleep** me off pretty good, but paypal does it for "valid" reason, phhhffft whatever, paypal employee!