Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release my funds!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal limit your account then use your funds for 6 months

Having exactly the same issue. The buyer has his goods and hapy with the transaction and we've both left favourable feedback for each other and yet PayPal still refuse to release my funds and claim they will hold them for an additional 2 weeks !! 

I am beyond furious. I followed their process to the leter and this is how I get treated. They claim its for the proection of customers etc. what a load of rubbish !! The buyer has his goods and is happy ... now give me my money !!!! and to top it off they take a % of the payment for handling the transaction as well as keeping my $$ for 3 - 4 weeks !!  I am so frustrated now I just want and desperately need my $$$

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@Browchay

Its an ebay and not a paypal hold and as they are now 2 different companies they have different payment hold requirements.

Ebay will notify paypal when you can have your funds and feedback does not count for payment release.

Info on ebay holds in link below >>

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1377/1/?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.
Highlighted
Vh2 Contributor
Contributor

This new PayPal policy is BS I have been a seller on eBay for years years and have sold thousands and thousands of dollars never had a problem with PayPal I sell expensive high-end fine art and just sold a piece for $23,000 I go to use my funds as usual and to my shock there on hold for 90 days WTF !!!!! I had to file for bankruptcy two years ago they now check your credit report even if you have a stellar eBay record and Paypal record they don't care they put all your funds on hold for 90 days and what so stupid is I have a working capital Paypal account which lent me $10K with because I had a great payback history again WTF !!!!!! i have switched to Square with no problems !!!! Thanks Paypal you just lost thousands of dollars in commissions from me !!!!!!
Highlighted

Re: Release my funds!

I just recently started having the same problem.  I have sold over 1000 items on ebay with a 99.1 percent satisfaction rate.  I have sold items from 10 dollars to a 1000 dollars. All that crap about recent increase in sales, or price increases is just that, bull.  I believe they are holding funds to collect interest based on some bullcrap formula some person invented that has never had to work for a living, and is sucking on the teat of the last few people actually working in America.  I need my money to buy more to sell, to repair items for sale, to pay my fricking bills.  I am sick of calling and begging for MY MONEY.  I am normally a relaxed person, but this crap is super annonying.  I sent an email to try to resolve this and got an idiotic canned statement that a ten year old could write.  Hopefully some company can come along and compete with these two **bleep** companies and provide a REAL service, instead of this infantile based algorithom.  I don't want to write stupid comments, I don't want to call and beg for my money, Plus I thought this was a banking/credit card service - every time I log in some stupid ad appears - take me to my account - for the love of PETE!  I want a company that deposit my money the second they receive it.  STOP wasting my time!

Highlighted
Contributor

Sorry to hear your having this trouble too. I called Paypal the other day and my 6 month reserve is up June 7th in a few days. They said that all the funds will be released by afternoon that day FINGERS CROSSED. Will definitely keep everyone posted here afterwards if it was released as stated or complications occur... Good luck everyone 

Highlighted
New Community Member

To the person that keeps saying Paypal and Ebay are two separate companies like a parakeet. They may be 2 separate companies now but they are not mutually exclusive, one does not work without the other, so you better believe their policies are lined up together. It is an effort to collect interest with your money simple as that, separating the 2 companies just makes it easier to get you going back and forth while they keep collecting interest.

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@holdthefund

Try and get your facts correct.

Yes they are linked in the sense that ''some'' Ebay payments are processed through paypal.

But a lot of sellers now DO NOT use paypal and can accept c.c payments etc directly.

Ebay and Paypal have 2 SEPARATE hold policies for transaction that are processed through Ebay and transactions that are processed via other websites and privately.

So to give accurate information on when funds will be released then we need to know if its an Ebay hold OR a Paypal hold.

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.
Highlighted
Contributor

GREAT NEWS YALL PAYPAL RELEASED THE FUNDS EXACTLY WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD. WOOT WOOT LOL. Now here's to hoping it won't happen again lol. I plan to move away from eBay in a few months and do amazon a lot more so I won't be using them as often. Hope everyone else getting their issues resolved. Happy Father's Day as well
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Contributor

What I don't appreciate is when you get an email saying funds available. After 7+ days then you withdraw and get a message saying we are holding it another 72 hours. Furious for lenth of time and just as furious for email saying funds available and they are not. DON'T SEND EMAIL SAYING FUNDS AVAILABLE WHEN CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT AHHHHHHHH
Highlighted
Contributor

my funds were held for no reason