cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release my funds!

SOLVED
Contributor

Release my funds!

I sent my items to the buyers, you took your fee so what on earth are you holding MY money for? How much interest does Paypal get for holding MY money anyway? I feel it's unacceptable to hold money when the items have been sent out and PayPal took their slice. I'm not selling things for fun, I'm selling things because I need money, like yesterday. And what if people decide not to bother leaving any feedback at all? Furious. What a scam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Release my funds!

Hi everyone,

I see that this topic still gets a lot of traffic, so I wanted to provide an updated response with the most recent information.

Information regarding held payments and delayed funds availability may vary by country, but the basics are similar. Please take a look at this US-based article for some information. You may also be able to find an article specific to your region by visiting the Help Center after logging in and clicking Help at the bottom of the page, and typing "hold" in the search field. 

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
111 REPLIES 111
Esteemed Advisor

Every single ebay seller has been through this process...it is for buyer protection and filters out bad sellers.

HERES SOME INFO FOR YOU:

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

What if I have met the criteria for release either earlier or at 21 days and the funds are still held.

Then you can email or phone paypal via contact us bottom of paypal pages with the transaction numbers of the items and ask them to "hurry up" and release your dosh.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the info, I've never had disputes and have 100% feedback, they never held payments before. If it can't be avoided then I suppose I have to live with it. It's just annoying that they can take money from the sale and I have to wait
Esteemed Advisor

They hold them if you are a new seller and have not had 100 sales with 100 pos feedback being left.

New Community Member

True, however, it still doesn't address the issue why PayPal are making bulk interest on our money. My buyer has laid for my item. The money is in PayPal, the buyer has acknowledged that the item is in his hands and exactly as described. The buyer is happy and now using my item I sold to him. My money is still locked with PayPal for god knows how much longer. They are putting all our money into a high interest account and making free money from.it which we should be making because it is our money. This is criminal and not right. F PayPal and they just lost another customer. There are competitors doing a better job. Check out my attachment lol. PayPal fail. Oh wait there is no attachment button to upload an image on Android app. Perfect. Basically my due date for funds release is Jan 1st 1964 and the sale completion date was late July 2016. Great job PayPal. F U
Esteemed Advisor

@Antistandard

You are answering a post of mine back in 2013 that is now out of date.

Since ebay and paypal have parted company ie they are 2 separate companies then their payment holds have differed.

If you state whether it was ebay or a private sale then i can give you the link.

But if its ebay then contact ebay as it has nothing to do with paypal, they release the funds when ebay tell them to.

Vh2 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Release my funds! $18K ON HOLD!!!!!!!!

I HAVE $18K ON HOLD FROM MANY DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS !!!!!!!This new PayPal policy is BS I have been a seller on eBay for years years and have sold thousands and thousands of dollars never had a problem with PayPal I sell expensive high-end fine art and just sold a piece for $23,000 I go to use my funds as usual and to my shock there on hold for 90 days WTF !!!!! I had to file for bankruptcy two years ago they now check your credit report even if you have a stellar eBay record and Paypal record they don't care they put all your funds on hold for 90 days and what so stupid is I have a working capital Paypal account which lent me $10K with because I had a great payback history again WTF !!!!!! i have switched to Square with no problems !!!! Thanks Paypal you just lost thousands of dollars in commissions from me !!!!!!
Contributor

Thanks for posting and choosing not to use PayPal, I will be informing other sellers to do the same.
New Community Member

I would very much like to do the same, however grailed, the platform i sell designer clothing on is copperating with paypal, thus its the only way for me to sell there. I received 1.5K € in different transactions, my money was still put on hold every single time. 

Contributor

Paypal is holding £3500 of my funds, I am very disappointed with their policy. I cannot buy any item because they put temporary hold on my funds.