New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I sent my items to the buyers, you took your fee so what on earth are you holding MY money for? How much interest does Paypal get for holding MY money anyway? I feel it's unacceptable to hold money when the items have been sent out and PayPal took their slice. I'm not selling things for fun, I'm selling things because I need money, like yesterday. And what if people decide not to bother leaving any feedback at all? Furious. What a scam
Solved! Go to Solution.
I see that this topic still gets a lot of traffic, so I wanted to provide an updated response with the most recent information.
Information regarding held payments and delayed funds availability may vary by country, but the basics are similar. Please take a look at this US-based article for some information. You may also be able to find an article specific to your region by visiting the Help Center after logging in and clicking Help at the bottom of the page, and typing "hold" in the search field.
I hope this information helps!
Every single ebay seller has been through this process...it is for buyer protection and filters out bad sellers.
HERES SOME INFO FOR YOU:
Why your payments are held.
• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.
How can I get the payments released before 21 days.
1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.
What if I have met the criteria for release either earlier or at 21 days and the funds are still held.
Then you can email or phone paypal via contact us bottom of paypal pages with the transaction numbers of the items and ask them to "hurry up" and release your dosh.
They hold them if you are a new seller and have not had 100 sales with 100 pos feedback being left.
You are answering a post of mine back in 2013 that is now out of date.
Since ebay and paypal have parted company ie they are 2 separate companies then their payment holds have differed.
If you state whether it was ebay or a private sale then i can give you the link.
But if its ebay then contact ebay as it has nothing to do with paypal, they release the funds when ebay tell them to.
I would very much like to do the same, however grailed, the platform i sell designer clothing on is copperating with paypal, thus its the only way for me to sell there. I received 1.5K € in different transactions, my money was still put on hold every single time.
Paypal is holding £3500 of my funds, I am very disappointed with their policy. I cannot buy any item because they put temporary hold on my funds.